Bruentrup Heritage Farms original homestead was established in 1891 by William Bruentrup and his wife, Ida. At one point the farm was 175 acres and incorporated the land that is now Maplewood Mall and surrounding area.
In 1997, the farm property was bought by developers and, in 1999, the city moved the house and remaining farm buildings to city-owned land. The house, barn, granary, machine shed, and metal foundry building were all moved. A smokehouse replica was built in 2017. The adjacent land is prairie preserve owned by Maplewood.
Bruentrup hosts many events Spring through Fall. Visit www.maplewoodhistoricalsociety.org for more information.