The administration of our organization is the responsibility of Club Service. These responsibilities include attendance, membership, fellowship activities, public relations, Sergeant-at-Arms, the weekly program, and bulletin, This avenue of service enables the club to thrive and better fulfill the objectives of Rotary.
Providing career information and generally attempting to improve trade and professional relations is the focus of Vocational Service. Specifically, North St. Paul/Maplewood/Oakdale Rotary has been involved with our Student of the Month program, our scholarship program, as well as donations to Northeast Metro Technical Foundation, Century College Foundation and Camp Enterprise.
Encourages Rotarians to offer service to their communities. Every Rotary club and every Rotarian assumes a responsibility to find ways to improve the quality of life for those in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- Encouraging and fostering the ideal of service to the personal, business and community life of every Rotarian.
- Opportunities for every Rotarian to exemplify “Service Above Self”.
- A chance to respond to the needs of a local community.
The purpose of Rotary International Service is to advance international understanding, goodwill and peace. The North St. Paul/Maplewood/Oakdale Rotary Club actively promotes these ideals by:
- Sponsoring in-coming and out-going exchange students between the ages of 16 and 18 in the Youth Exchange Program.
- Hosting Group Study Exchange programs for adult business/professional people.
- Contributing funds to club sponsored or Rotary District sponsored “World Community Service” projects (fresh water wells, medical supplies, schools, sanitation, etc.).
- Contributing annually to the Paul Harris Foundation which supports needy projects world wide and provides scholarships for college age student studying abroad.
Every year, thousands of talented and dedicated young people, ages 12-30, have an incredible experience in a New Generations program.
As Rotaractors and Interactors, they serve in communities at home and abroad. Through Rotary Youth Exchange, they explore new cultures. And as Rotary Youth Leadership Awards participants, they learn skills that will help them succeed as future community leaders.
New Generations Service recognizes the positive change implemented by youth and young adults through leadership development activities, involvement in community and international service projects, and exchange programs that enrich and foster world peace and cultural understanding.